Based in Winnipeg, MB, Canada
March 10th, 2015
DescriptionParallax is a first-person puzzle game with two overlapping worlds. Weave back and forth between black and white as you try to be in the right place, in the right dimension, at the right time. Use switches, boosters and gravity to help you reach the exit. Can you conquer every mind-bending level?
HistoryParallax began as a project for a university course. The developers, Zi Ye and Jesse Burstyn thought the game idea was cool, and decided (with the school's blessings) to take the project further outside of school. After getting some press coverage at IGF 2012 and being Greenlit on Steam Greenlight, the project was put on hiatus for years due to life and work reasons. In late 2014, the game was once again back on track. Parallax is now on Steam! Woot!
- 32 mind-bending, interdimensional puzzles that will test the limits of your spatial reasoning.
- Switches, boosters, lasers and gravity manipulation will make your challenge even greater.
- A beautifully minimalistic monochromatic art style.
- Cool, atmospheric music by Derris-Kharlan.
- Steam achievements!
Awards & Recognition
Parallax has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "...Gamers should prepare to think well outside the box before facing Parallax."
- Michael Lawson, Piki Geek
- "Very few games will leave you mesmerized the way Parallax does..."
- Alex Coccia, Greenlit Gaming
- "Parallax is a dizzying monochrome nightmare..."
- Ben Kuchera, Ars Technica
- "Up is down. Down is a watermelon."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Ow My Brain"
- John Walker, Rock Paper Shotgun
Request Press Copy
Please request a press copy by E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Toasty Games
We make games that are toasty!
More information on Toasty Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.